Saturday 6 June 2009

Things I Like

I'm trying very hard not to write about The Labour Party's implosion at the moment, I'm trying hard not to think about it either. It's beyond depressing (to me) that due to a catalogue of errors and nonsense I might find myself governed by a Conservative government after the next election, especially after being patronised and yelled at by a Conservative councillor at a party a couple of weeks ago, who was still hanging on to that old school 'Teenage girls get pregnant for council flats' bollocks.

Anyway, instead of that here are some things that I like:



I spotted this mural on Leigham Court Road last month when my mum stayed with my cousin in Streatham. I tried to take pictures with my bollocksy camera phone, but couldn't get a clear image. This one is from Google Streetview (hahaha! they've blurred Max's face!) and was posted on one of my new favourite blogs We Love You So which is a marketing blog for the upcoming film adaptation of Maurice Sendack's Where The Wild Things Are.



It was one of my favourite books as a kiddy and I'm really excited about the film, especially since Spike Jonze is in the director's chair and the trailer features music from Arcade Fire. Anyway, about three minutes walk from the mural is a primary school (the one my little sister attended in fact), I hope that once in a while one of the little ones looks up and gets excited.

I'm also getting into Neon Genesis Evangelion, the contraversial and hugely popular anime series by Hideaki Anno and Gainax that started in 1995. I have a ton of friends who have always been into anime and have tried to get me to watch Evangelion for years, I resisted for so long, but have finally given in. I wish I hadn't been so stubborn. Next thing you know I'll be at Comic Con dressed as the Major from Ghost In The Shell. A geek is born.

I saw this on another blog this morning and it made me wistful for the times I'm not having dancing on roofs with my friends in New York:



Oh..and this



Joan As Policewoman's Christobel. I know, I know, it came out in 2006 but I had a lot on that year..maybe. This isn't an official video, but the song is worth watching the Youtube tribute video.

No comments:

Post a Comment