Sunday 7 June 2009

Oh Lord



This group of drunk Israeli young people are obviously not representative of all Israeli youth. But this abhorrent display has turned my stomach. How can we expect peace in the Middle East when this is what my generation feels that they have the right to say about the first western politician to make any real overtures to spread peace and unity? The racism, the ignorance* and unwillingness to move on the Israel Palestine problem is also worrisome. What really astounds me is the belief that Obama doesn't care about Israel is laughable when a central tenant of the Cairo speech was America's unbreakable bonds with Israel, which must have been unpalatable to more than just Palestinian man, who had been bombed out of his home by Israeli soldiers interviewed by Channel Four News last week.

All in all, yuk.

*How can a politics student think that Obama was born outside of the states (as though no one would have noticed) and not know who Benjamin Netanyahu is? For God's sake! I know I could have attended more lectures and read more books then I did at university, but that's a disgrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment