Sunday 6 September 2009

Amanda Blank



Despite being the boring kind of feminist who thinks that young women's constant references to sexing, boozing and flagrant TMI don't do much for the advancement of our gender, I cannot help but love this woman and her dirty rhyming. Her MCing on Spank Rock's Bump (STILL one of my go to party tunes - despite all the 'bitches') was only the start. Her new single 'Might Like You Better' is against pretty much everything I stand for, but I just can't help it.



Anyway, I'm back. Marty Funkhouser suggested that I might find it easier to keep blogging if I switched focus a little bit. I found it so hard to write about politics this Summer because every single post was complex, negative and painful. I would lose the will to write before I came to a conclusion and I felt as though I wasn't qualified to talk about the things I was trying to. So here's my new plan: more stuff I like, less agonised ranting. There'll still be a 'political' bent and political posts but I'm going to throw more fun stuff into the mix to keep me sane.

1 comment: